Please see the COVID 19 Admission FAQ for additional information.
Welcome! We’re glad you’re considering applying to Gonzaga.
All students apply through the Office of Admission. After students are admitted, the Center for Global Engagement provides immigration and cultural support to incoming international students.
In addition to Gonzaga’s undergraduate admission requirements, there are few things for international students to know as you work on your application:
International Student Application Fee Waiver
All international applicants are eligible to have their application fee waived. Please select the International Student Fee Waiver in the Common Application.
Proof of English Proficiency
International applicants are required to submit proof of English proficiency. This can be done in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL score of at least 80 IBT/550 PBT or
- IELTS score of at least 6.5 or
- Duolingo English Test of at least 110
- ACT English and Reading section scores of at least 23 or
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score of at least 550 or
- Satisfactory completion of Gonzaga University’s Global Bridge 1 will substitute for the required test scores
Students from the following English-speaking countries are automatically exempt from any English proficiency requirement*: Australia, Ireland, Canada (except Quebec), New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Jamaica/other West Indies
*If you wish to request a waiver of the English proficiency requirement, please contact international admission counselors Theresa Howlett or Kenji Linane-Booey for more information.
Theresa Howlett is the counselor for Asia, Canada, Oceania (including Australia and New Zealand) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenji Linane-Booey is the counselor for Africa, Europe, Latin America – email@example.com
International CurriculumOur counseling staff is familiar with differences in education systems around the world, and we will review your application within the context of the education system you’re coming from. Gonzaga uses a holistic process when reviewing applications, and we will consider your academic performance, the rigor of your curriculum, your character, and the activities you’ve been involved in when evaluating applications for admission.
- December 1st - Application deadline for Fall 2021
- February 1st - Late Consideration Deadline for Fall 2021
- November 15th
Freshman Application Checklist
- Complete the online Common Application.
- To directly add Gonzaga to your “My Colleges” list on the Common Application, please click here.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Students must achieve a 3.2 cumulative GPA, with junior year being no less than a 3.1 GPA, in a college preparatory curriculum that results in a high school diploma.
- Personal Essay and Activities List (found on the Common Application).
- Official transcripts in native language and English from all high schools, colleges and universities attended.
- Common Application School Report (found on the Common Application).
- One Common Application Teacher Evaluation (found on the Common Application).
- Copy of Passport (emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Submit your materials online via the Common Application or send your application materials to:
Office of Admission
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258
After being admitted and submitting a tuition confirmation deposit, you will be required to submit the following for immigration purposes:
- Completed Financial Declaration OR an official Sponsorship Letter
- Original bank statements which support the information provided on the Financial Declaration