Welcome! We’re glad you’re considering applying to Gonzaga.
All students apply through the Office of Admission. After students are admitted, the Center for Global Engagement provides immigration and cultural support to incoming international students.
In addition to Gonzaga’s transfer admission requirements, there are few things for international students to know as you work on your application:
International Student Application Fee Waiver
All international applicants are eligible to have their application fee waived. Please select the International Student Fee Waiver in the Transfer Application.
Proof of English Proficiency
International applicants are required to submit proof of English proficiency. This can be done in one of the following ways:
- Completion of two U.S. college level English composition and/or speech courses with a 3.0 or higher or
- TOEFL score of at least 80 IBT/550 PBT or
- IELTS score of at least 6.5 or
- Duolingo English Test of at least 110
- ACT English and Reading section scores of at least 23 or
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score of at least 550 or
- Satisfactory completion of Gonzaga University’s Global Bridge 1 will substitute for the required test scores
Students from the following English-speaking countries are automatically exempt from any English proficiency requirement: Australia, Ireland, Canada (except Quebec), New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Jamaica/other West Indies
*If you wish to request a waiver of the English proficiency requirement, please contact international admission counselor, Theresa Howlett for more information.
Transferring Credit from Foreign Institutions
Our counseling staff is familiar with differences in education systems around the world, and we will review your application within the context of the education system you’re coming from. Gonzaga uses a holistic review process when reviewing applications, and we will consider your academic performance, the rigor of your curriculum, your character, and the activities you’ve been involved in when reviewing applications for admission.
Students who have taken college-level coursework at a foreign institution will be asked to submit official transcripts in the original language and translated into English. You will also need to submit a professional course-by-course evaluation of any foreign post-secondary coursework and copies of the syllabi for each class to be transferred. This evaluation and syllabi can often be submitted after a student is accepted and will help us determine the credit that can be transferred to Gonzaga and applied to your degree.
We advise students to look for evaluation companies that are affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers (AACRAO). Some of the companies we’ve accepted evaluations from in the past include International Education Research Foundation (IERF), International Education Evaluations (IEE), World Education Services (WES), and Education Credential Evaluators (ECE). Applicants can choose which company to seek an evaluation from, and we encourage you to contact Gonzaga’s International Transfer Counselor before ordering an evaluation from a company other than the ones listed to confirm that we will accept an evaluation from them.
Please review the Transfer FAQ for more information on transferring college credit.
High School Completion Students
Students who are planning to complete a high school diploma at the same time as an associate’s degree and do not plan to take any college coursework after their high school graduation date must apply to Gonzaga as first-year students with credit.
March 1st – Priority Fall Deadline (Recommended for International applicants)
June 1st – Final Fall Deadline
Transfer Application Checklist
- Complete the online Transfer Application
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Personal Essay and Activities List
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions. Please see note above about requirements for coursework completed at foreign institutions.
*Note: if you have not completed at least 30 semester or 45 quarter credits of transferable work, please submit a final high school transcript as well
- One Transfer College Report
- One Teacher Recommendation
- Copy of Passport (emailed to email@example.com)
If you need to send application materials, please use the following address:
Office of Admission
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258
After being admitted and submitting a tuition confirmation deposit, students will need to submit the following for immigration purposes:
- Completed Financial Declaration OR an official Sponsorship Letter
- Original bank statements which support the information provided on the Financial Declaration.