We are excited you are interested in working while at GU! Our goal is to guide you through your student employment job search. Follow these ideas to ensure you’re on the right path for your future career! Reach out to our office during any step for personalized assistance.
- Define the type of work you can apply for and when to begin your job search.
- Work study eligible?
- On campus or off campus?
- Searching for academic year or summer?
- Be realistic
- Strike a balance between your academics, work, and social commitments
- Cover letter
- Portfolio pieces
- Visit ZagsIgnite for employment opportunities
- Apply for several positions of interest
Online job scammers are getting more bold and active than before. When conducting your search, if something seems too good to be true, if you are asked to handle checks or gift cards, or if something seems a little off, assume you are being scammed and halt all communication. Please contact us immediately if you believe a posted position may be fraudulent.
- Send an email or call further expressing your interest
- Confirm receipt of application materials
- Visit company or departmental website
- Begin your professional brand
- What is your elevator speech?
- Initiate your hiring process
- Monitor your ZagMail for updates!
All student employees need to complete required documents.