Student Involvement and Leadership (SIL) is comprised of 5 micro-departments (CSI, Student Media, GU Outdoors, PCLD and TVRAS). The five areas have their own staff, offices and budgets, but come together to collaborate and share ideas and all report up to the Assistant Dean for Student Involvement and Leadership. SIL has bi-annual trainings and meets as a collective group every two weeks to share updates and resources, join in professional development opportunities, and learn from each other. We are a student-centered, student driven department dedicated to empowering Gonzaga University students to create and partake in experiences which foster learning and development, preparing students to be leaders in their communities and engaged citizens of the world. We cultivate programs through which students develop their whole person - intellectually, spiritually, physically, and emotionally.
Why this group of five?
Each of the five areas within SIL are dedicated to serving students and providing opportunities for students to learn and grow at GU. We are all focused on co-curricular experiences. Historically the five offices had been detached, but we have found that the staff in the offices benefit in working inside of a bigger team to learn and grow with. For example, having a staff of two, versus a team of 16 pro staff has resulted in a larger connection and sharing of ideas. Additionally, we have a shared budget manager who has been able to provide resources, guidance and support for all financial matters.
- Dave Gilbert, Director, email@example.com
- Michaela Johnson, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shaun Holloway, Program Coordinator, email@example.com
- LaRena Rondeau, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrea Taylor, Business Manager, email@example.com
- David Gilbert, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Edenfield, Program Manager, email@example.com
- Pamela Alvarado, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kirsten Bohlen, Program Coordinator, email@example.com
- Joanne Shiosaki, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Morgan Scheerer, Program Coordinator, email@example.com
- Colleen Quinn Vandenboom, PhD, Assistant Dean of Student Involvement and Leadership, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chelsea Collins, Program Coordinator
- Alyssa Knight, Vetcorps Navigator, email@example.com
- Dustin Cassell, VA-Workstudy