Each year, The C.E.A.L. Division conducts a rigorous process to recruit, train, and build a team of current law students for the Smithmore P. Myers Teaching Fellows Program, or “Smitty” Teaching Fellows.
Smitty Teaching Fellows (STFs) will serve as upper-level mentors to entering first-year students. Fellows will receive training to help incoming students build strong study skills and habits.
This powerful mentoring program:
- provides proactive and reactive guidance for first-year students from current law students.
- teaches highly-effective learning techniques.
- reinforces integration of formative assessments in the learning process.
- provides camaraderie, friendship, and non-judgmental support.
Benefit from a Smitty today; become a Smitty tomorrow!
STFs will be expected to:
- Attend fellow training;
- Prepare custom lesson plans;
- Lead weekly study sessions regarding academic and professional development topics;
- Hold weekly office hours;
- Provide one-on-one mentoring; and meaningful feedback on written student assessments;
- Commit 3 - 5 hours/ week; hours may vary.
Application Collection: Friday, March 5 through 'extended deadline to apply' April 12, 2021
Compensation: Teaching Fellows will receive hourly pay of $13.69/hour.